[techtalk] Modem

Ji Lee g at yodlee.com
Sat Feb 12 15:01:35 EST 2000

Hi all,
I ran into a weird problem while I was upgrading a system.
The system previously had P133 with win95/rh6.0 dual boot.
It had a 33.6k modem which worked fine in both windows and linux without
any trouble at all.
After I upgraded the system to P3-550 with winnt/rh6.1 dual boot,
the modem stoped working under linux although it works fine under
nt. Has anyone had this kind of problem before?
I can think of only two cases where this could happen:
1) The modem was a isapnp modem which had irq assigned by
   windows. ?? maybe? Does NT assignes irq as well?
2) RH6.1 has come stuff turned on/off to make modem not work?
   (I have no idea what it could possibly be tho... )

Any more thoughts and possible things I could try before I go ahead and
buy a new modem? I tried to use minicom, but modem wasn't responding
through minicom either.

Thanks in advance. =)

     O  _  O
       | |