[techtalk] Modem

Rik Hemsley rik at kde.org
Sat Feb 12 23:22:28 EST 2000

#if Ji Lee
> [...]
> Any more thoughts and possible things I could try before I go ahead and
> buy a new modem? I tried to use minicom, but modem wasn't responding
> through minicom either.

Try poking around to see which irq your modem has.
Use setserial to set the irq assigned to the port your modem is on,
e.g. setserial -a /dev/ttyS1 irq 5 (that's a guess, I haven't used it for
years.)

Then run minicom and see if it talks to your modem.

If all else fails, you might have to use isapnptools. Good luck
with them. I looked at them once and ran away screaming :)

Cheers,
Rik

--
135. Displace the canon with attitude.