[techtalk] Printer stairstepping

Jeff phaedrus at thereactor.cleptoscastle.com
Thu Apr 6 12:31:05 EST 2000

On Thu, Apr 06, 2000 at 02:51:28PM -0400, Laurel Fan wrote:
> Excerpts from linuxchix: 6-Apr-100 Re: Re: [techtalk] Printer .. by
> "Jennifer Tippens"@surfa
> To actually fix this, the solution is to filter it though something
> that adds carraige returns where appropriate (i think the printing
> HOWTO mentions this, too).  Since I don't know what printing system or
> magic filter you use, I don't know hwo you'd do that.

It's apsfilter, but lpd *won't* run things through a filter if you
specify a remote printer -- it assumes that your computer doesn't know
what the printer can do and that the remote print server will do the
translation.

Ugh, printing doesn't just suck under linux.  It SUCKS.  That's what
I've learned today ;)

--
Jeff

My Public Key -- http://24.5.73.229/pubkey.txt