[techtalk] Printer stairstepping

Laurel Fan lf25+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Apr 6 14:51:28 EST 2000

Excerpts from linuxchix: 6-Apr-100 Re: Re: [techtalk] Printer .. by
"Jennifer Tippens"@surfa
> In fact, the only thing that prints correctly is netscape (and "Hey,
> Anatoli, print it through Netscape" aint gonna cut it)

My guess is that netscape stuff works because it's [post|ghost]script.
You might want to try using enscript to print textfiles.  Works great
on postscript printers, not so great on others.  (I usually use
enscript anyway, since I can -2Gr and save some paper)

To actually fix this, the solution is to filter it though something
that adds carraige returns where appropriate (i think the printing
HOWTO mentions this, too).  Since I don't know what printing system or
magic filter you use, I don't know hwo you'd do that.