[techtalk] Printer stairstepping

Jeff phaedrus at thereactor.cleptoscastle.com
Thu Apr 6 14:44:53 EST 2000

On Thu, Apr 06, 2000 at 07:54:49PM +0000, Jennifer Tippens wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Apr 2000 Jeff  wrote:
>
> > Oh yeah, those are all going to print in plain text, at least the ones
> > you mentioned, but that still doesn't change the fact that the
> > textonly.cfg file doesn't exist on an SuSE install.
>
> The only reason his has one is because I copied mine over to his. I
> run Red Hat.  So this is a SuSe thing that it won't use a filter?  I
> print on the same remote printer and use a filter.

No, it can use a filter, it just uses apsfilter instead of printtool.

BTW, I've been playing with my install, and I quick wrote up a bunch of
perl & shell scripts that should fix the problem.  The tarball is at
http://24.5.73.229/downloads/printer-fix.tar.gz , untar and unzip it,
read the README, and see if it works.

--
Jeff