[techtalk] Firewall, kppp, dynamic ip, script? -- Help please.

Laurel Fan lf25+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Sep 30 13:14:07 EST 1999

Excerpts from linuxchix: 30-Sep-99 [techtalk] Firewall, kppp, .. by Gail
Allinson at jps.net
> I'm stuck on the next point which is getting the FW to start right after
> connection and IP assignment and to stop after disconnection when
> using kppp.  The SuSE firewall manual v2.0 (slightly outdated since its
> seem to have be written for SuSE 6.1) just says to start it in a ppp
> script
> but I can find no further documentation.  I want to do this with kppp.
> I'm open to using a different dialler if that's what it takes.

What the firewall manual is saying is that usually, ppp runs a script
after it's connected and another one after it disconnects.  I don't know
anything about kppp, but I'd suggest checking the documentation for kppp
and finding out if you can tell it to do this.