[techtalk] Firewall, kppp, dynamic ip, script? -- Help please.

Gail Allinson gailla at jps.net
Thu Sep 30 11:59:55 EST 1999

Laurel Fan wrote:

> What the firewall manual is saying is that usually, ppp runs a script
> after it's connected and another one after it disconnects.  I don't know
> anything about kppp, but I'd suggest checking the documentation for kppp
> and finding out if you can tell it to do this.

Thanks Laurel.  I've looked at the docs for kppp, anything else about
ppp, and anything remotely realated that I can find and nothing is
jumping out at me. I'll keep searching in the meantime and keep trying
different things. Though I don't use a script to connect in kppp I can
try writing one, but that won't stop it when I disconnect and I do have
to figure out how to stop it, too.

As long as I keep copies of my original files, there is no experiment I
can't undo. I will get it going sooner or later, one way or another. I
was just hoping for sooner.

Take care,

Gail