[techtalk] High speed access -- pros and cons

Clare Smith claresmith at pcisys.net
Thu Oct 28 14:51:35 EST 1999

I've had DSL since June and consistently get speeds of above 400K. Not bad
for 256K plan($30/month). US Worst even has a cheaper plan, it's not
guaranteed to be 'up' all the time, but it's still 256K @ $20/month.

They (USW) have actually been very responsive to problems I've had with the
copper line the DSL line is on. The DSL has never gone down, the dialtone
did (problem at the CO). My SO (technologically challenged)called the wrong
number to report the problem and once I got that straightened out USW fixed
it within 24 hours.

Now, if only they would be as responsive to problems on our other phone
line......
Clare