[techtalk] High speed access -- pros and cons

Janus janus at magma.ca
Thu Oct 28 15:19:12 EST 1999

and I would be interested in your feedback:  cable or ASDL?

Since I do not have cable, or even TV, I would have to get it installed,
and I have heard that it can slow down a lot in the evening.  Also, to tell
the truth, the teenage-oriented, speed is all, if you want information "use
the Encyclopedia" ads from Rodgers annoy the h**l out of me.  OTOH, I am
not a fan of Sympatico-Bell, either....

So, what has your experience been with one or the other or both?

Janus
56K is still okay, but....