[techtalk] really weird file transfer problem

jenn at simegen.com jenn at simegen.com
Sat Nov 20 12:40:29 EST 1999

Lighthouse Keeper in the Desert Sun wrote:

> Okay.  So I got ppp working, and IP masquerading and ipchains all set up.
> So, I wanted to get a file from a remote computer where I have stuff
> stored.  I ftp'ed (don't mention security, okay...) and got the file I
> wanted.  The first time, it stalled after 600k.  The second time, it
> stalled after 100k.

This doesn't fix it, but with ncftp you can pick up from where the last
download left off. So 600K then 100k then 100k does get you the file.

This does assume that the server supports it.

Jenn V.
--
  Humans are the only species to feed and house entirely separate species
     for no reason other than the pleasure of their company. Why?

jenn at simegen.com        Jenn Vesperman        http://www.simegen.com/~jenn/