[techtalk] netscape woes

Kristin Ziel zoop at scc.net
Wed Nov 10 10:43:29 EST 1999

just to add my little bit of netscape experience to this thread...

i'm having problems at home as well...i'm still running netscape 4.5 and
who knows what else..<i need to update!> and lately it seems as tho i'm
lucky to keep a copy of netscape from freezing within 15 minutes.

i have also noticed that after closing it, it sucks up some serious CPU
usage, and just killing the application doesn't necessarily kill the
process <does that make sense? i've got to explicitly kill the pid, or
it'd be hanging around until reboot>

i'm currently using the gnome/kde setup, but hopefully this weekend i'll
have a chance to try out some different window managers...<still need to
figure out how to do all this!>

kristin