[techtalk] Parallel port mode

Tonya Winter tonyawinter at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 9 16:54:47 EST 1999

OK, so it turns out (found my mother board manual!) that you change the
parallel port mode in the bios by going to:

CHIPSET FEATURES SETUP

selecting:

Parallel Port Mode (on the right, fourth down)

EPP allows didirectional parallel port operation at maximum speed; ECP
allows the parallel port to operate in bidirectional mode and at a speeed
faster than the maximum data transfer rate; ECP+EPP allows normal speed
operation in a two-way mode.

Hope this helps you.

Tonya