[techtalk] Date: Sun, 7 Nov 1999 13:19:57 -0500

Kristin Ziel zoop at scc.net
Sun Nov 7 13:36:52 EST 1999

Chris--

I'd suggest an external one (unless you've got no room) because the lights
on an external can do all sorts of groovy things for you...

I personally have an internal, because the last thing I need is to have
another external device attached to my computer! <grin>

I remember having a modem discussion a few years ago (95?) before I ever
bought my first computer, and I was told that Hayes was the way to go...I
am not sure if this information is still current/relevant.  I'm running on
a USR, just because I got a great deal on it, and couldn't pass it up.

I don't know if anything I've told you is helpful or not..I am sure that
there is probably very decent support for most larger name brand modems
you're are going to find, but I am not savvy enough to know which ones
have the best support, and what is known to have frequent problems, etc.

Kristin