[techtalk] Date: Sun, 7 Nov 1999 13:19:57 -0500

Catie Flick liedra at tig.com.au
Mon Nov 8 11:31:06 EST 1999

On  7 Nov, Kristin Ziel stumbled around in the dark a bit, turned on the light and wrote:

> Chris--
>
> I'd suggest an external one (unless you've got no room) because the lights
> on an external can do all sorts of groovy things for you...
>
> I personally have an internal, because the last thing I need is to have
> another external device attached to my computer! <grin>

Chris, you'll find it difficult to find an internal modem that's not a
winmodem these days. It seems that distributers are going for cheap,
rather than quality (especially on integrated motherboards).
I tried unsuccessfully to find an internal modem that wasn't a winmodem
- however, this is in Australia - perhaps there are more available in
America or other countries.
I bought (in the end) an Acer 56k modem - as far as I can tell, it's
been very nice to me :)
 Good luck,

 - Catie
--
Today we will study trees. First, find your tree. Give your tree a hug.
Trees like hugs.