[techtalk] 6.1 install, the undead

Tonya Winter tonyawinter at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 1 14:18:05 EST 1999

One of the reasons I wanted to upgrade is that I can't seem to mount the CD
ROM. I have tried many different pieces of advice. The most frequently
suggested being "type mount /dev/hdc/cdrom (or whatever your cdrom is
usually hdc but maybe hdb or ?)" When I type that command in any form I get
"can't find /dev/hdc/cdrom in /etc/mtab or /etc/fstab"

I'm going to guess that its because I didn't set something up? I just
recieved Running Linux and Linux in a Nutshell both O'Reilly books. If you
happen to know what to look up in there that would be great. Or just giving
me advice directly is always appreciated! ;)

Tonya