[techtalk] Foreign keyboards in X?

sara korhonen ceres at intter.net
Fri Dec 17 13:44:00 EST 1999

On Fri, 17 Dec 1999, Sunnanvind wrote:

> Hello everybody (this might be a resend, my email program is superweird). My
> swedish keyboard works super in the text mode, but less grand in X. Can anyone
> please tell me how to remedy this? Needless to say, it is quite annoying to
> have ? at _, / at - and so on.
>
> Yours, Sunnan

you need to make an xmodmap. i'm quite sure you can find one generic from
your computer already, there's no need to dl it from the net -- that is
ofcourse if you find one. locate xmodmap helps. then you have to just put
in you .xinitrc the command to load that xmodmap, which you have first
copied to your home directory, as .Xmodmap. the command is: 'xmodmap
.Xmodmap'

----
sara

Keep your words smart, and you won't need a big buffer.