[techtalk] winmodem sound driver

Steve Kudlak chromexa at ovis.net
Tue Dec 14 22:13:41 EST 1999

Theresa Radke wrote:

> A real waste of processor cycles?? How so?? you make it sound as if running a driver for a winmodem is not a good thing to do, could you please explain?

> SignUP For your CorelCity FREE email at http://www.corelcity.com

> techtalk at linuxchix.org   http://www.linuxchix.org

Well it is profligate with power, pushing the math onto the CPU. Of course if you have lots of power, you hardly notice this at all. Unless you are doing
lots of stuff, still not then if really have lots and lots of power, you hardly notice it.

In the best of all possible worlds, yes it is good to dump the winmodem, but it still as far as I can see be worked around, though it is kind of expensive.
The question about these technical things, is does it effect you and do you want to do anything about it. I may dump it, or I may keep it, still don't know.

Have Fun,
Sends Steve