[techtalk] Samba question

Cathy James cjames at opensite.com
Tue Dec 14 08:47:35 EST 1999

>>We did have Samba running and it was working through NT, but
>not Win95.  We're using Red Hat Linux 6.0.
>>Now, it seems we can't see either of our Linux servers through Network
>>Neighborhood. What can I check to see what's wrong?

	Look in your Samba install directory.  Under the docs/textdocs
directory, there should be a file called DIAGNOSIS.txt.  Read
this file and systematically work through the steps there.  That
may pinpoint the problem and let you fix it; if not, post the
results of your DIAGNOSIS tests here and we'll see what we can do.

	--Cathy James