[Jobposts] Senior DevOps Engineer at Citium Advisors
trueabilityjobs at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 17:31:36 UTC 2015
*Title: **Senior DevOps Engineer*
*Location: **Austin, TX*
Please visit following Link to Take a shortcut to Citium Advisors
recruiter's inbox and take an Online Technical Interview On a Live Server
We are looking for a senior DevOps engineer to be the point person for all
our systems issues and beyond. You will take our systems and processes to
the next level by automating everything possible and implementing
awesomeness everywhere. No legacy code or process is sacrosanct. A system
that is too fragile to change is one that must be changed.
In addition to systems and operations challenges, we have software
development, big data and quantitative analysis challenges. This role will
give you the opportunity to stretch your automation skills beyond servers
and EC2 instances to new problem domains. You will face a wide array of
technical challenges that greatly impact our business.
Compensation will depend on experience, but we aim to pay better than our
competitors. You will be based in our central Austin office.
*Who you are:*
• Always looking for opportunities to make things better.
• Prefer best practices to one ¬offs and quick hacks (do ¬it ¬the¬ right
• Have proven experience troubleshooting complex issues.
• Enjoy a challenge and always strive to up your game.
• Overhaul and upgrade our production and development systems
• Continuously improve performance and maintainability of production
• Automate everything systems¬ related.
• Setup, configure, and administer Linux servers and workstations.
• Analyze system performance issues.
• Debug dropped packets, whether at the network, NIC, OS, or application
• Develop and improve our development environment.
• Identify and evaluate cutting ¬edge technology improvements.
• 5+ years work experience in a Linux environment.
• 5+ years as a systems or devops engineer.
• RedHat Linux system administration experience.
• Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet or
• Experience using source control tools (git preferred).
• Cloud computing administration experience (AWS preferred).
• Fluency in at least one scripting / coding language (Python preferred).
• Willingness to participate in an on¬call rotation to resolve after¬hours
*Nice To Have:*
• Bachelor’s in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
• Experience working in a Big Data environment.
• Quantitative training or work experience (machine learning, statistics,
• High-¬performance networking experience.
• Relational database experience ¬ MySQL preferred.
• Financial markets experience.
More information about the Jobposts