[Jobposts] Python/SQL/JavaScript Developer-Analytics at Loggly

Ron D trueabilityjobs at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 11:33:42 UTC 2015

*Title: **Python/SQL/JavaScript Developer-Analytics*
*Location: **San Francisco, CA*

Please visit following Link to Take a shortcut to Loggly recruiter's inbox
and take an Online Technical Interview On a Live Server NOW!
http://bit.ly/1N7vlbM

Loggly is seeking a multi-talented analytics developer who wants to see
their work directly impact the business. Loggly is the world’s most popular
cloud-based enterprise-class log management solution.  We’ve recently
received $15M in new funding to accelerate our rapid growth and we’re
staffing up.

We’re a small team so every individual matters.  Our culture is fun,
fast-paced, performance-oriented, open, collegial, and we are constantly
pushing the technology envelope to the edge!  All of our positions are
based in the financial district of San Francisco, CA right on top of a BART
and Muni stop.

*About the Job*
You'll be helping us build awesome analytics applications to collect Loggly
product usage data, integrate with other Loggly systems and public SaaS
applications. This app helps Loggly make valuable business and technology
decisions.

Your code will help facilitate sign-ups, test alternative user flow,
trigger actions based on product usage and behavior, capture key metrics
into our analytics database, integrate with other SaaS products like
Salesforce, Marketo, Google Analytics and others. You'll be working with
Python, JavaScript, HTML5/CSS3, Angular, AJAX, jQuery, Elasticsearch, MySQL
and Amazon AWS.

We believe strongly in collecting and analyzing quantitative data to help
guide our decisions. To that end, you'll be able to impact every single
team at Loggly. We’re regularly pushing out new code, so expect your
contributions to be put to use quickly.

You will have full lifecycle responsibilities to create robust, scalable,
multi-threaded, and distributed systems. This is an exciting opportunity to
work in a highly innovative environment with new technologies as we
continue to extend our market leading position.

*About You*
You’re an engineer who can turn ideas into extremely fast and reliable code
that other people – or you, six months into the future – will find easy to
comprehend and modify. You believe in the power of data to transform how
people work.

*You will be successful in this role if you:*
• Enjoy helping others around you grow and be successful as developers
• Have excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Can be autonomous and self-driven
• Get inspired on a daily basis, thinking of new ideas and sharing them
with others
• Take pride in creating new ways to do things and know that the creative
process requires momentum, chaos, vibrancy, spontaneity, debate, and silence

*We’re looking for:*
• 1-3 years of web app development working with Python, SQL, JavaScript,
HTML and CSS.
• Good knowledge of REST interfaces
• Experience with debugging and troubleshooting web applications (Firebug,
etc.)
• A resourceful self-starter who can quickly execute solutions to
requirements and problems
• Experience developing well-structured reliable code with appropriate
comments/documentation
• Experience with Marketo and/or Salesforce API’s a plus
• Experience with enterprise software and big data tools helpful
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills

*Technical Skills:*
• JavaScript, HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript libraries like JQuery
• JavaScript Frameworks like Angular.js, Backbone.js, Knockout.js, etc.
• Python and Django
• Excellent understanding of data structures, algorithms, software
engineering design patterns and principles
• Unix/Linux environments
• Unit test and debugging

*Responsibilities:*
• Implement code that monitors product usage and triggers marketing
activities based on customer action, position in life cycle and other
factors.
• Track product usage and aggregate results in SQL-based analytics database.
• Integrate public web site, product and analytics with Marketo, Salesforce
and other tools.
• In conjunction with marketing, implement alternative acquisition
workflows, measure and report results.
• Trigger calls to external APIs in Marketo based on certain product usage
actions.
• Develop upgrade cycle workflows for customers that exceed their
subscription levels.
• Aggregate billing data into a consistent monthly report for finance.

With Regards,
Ron D