[Jobposts] Level 2 Tech Support at WPEngine

Ron D trueabilityjobs at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 17:52:50 UTC 2015

Title: Level 2 Tech Support
Location: Austin or San Antonio, TX, USA.

Please visit following Link to Take a shortcut to WPEngine recruiter's
inbox and take an Online Technical Interview On a Live Server NOW!
http://bit.ly/1DCu3Ap

Level 2 Tech Support - Austin or San Antonio
Do you have a passion for open source technologies and providing stellar
support to customers?  Have you been in a fast paced, high availability
server environment?  Do you have in-depth experience installing,
configuring, and maintaining services such as DNS, Apache, MySQL, and
NGINX? Have you built multiple websites and discovered how awesome
WordPress is? If the answer is yes, WP Engine may have the perfect role for
you!

Due to hyper growth, WP Engine is seeking multiple Level 2 Tech Support
Guru’s to support our customers over the phone, via support tickets and
live chat. In this role, you will have the opportunity to use your
technical expertise, initiative and creative problem solving skills to
identify and solve technical challenges and provide our customers with
amazing support.

To be successful in this role, you’ll also need to be well versed in
everything involved in running a website. WordPress is at the top of the
list, but familiarity with plugins, themes, database servers, DNS, FTP,
SFTP and SMTP just to name a few.

There are many aspects to this role, but if we had to summarize it, you
love technology, delivering world-class support AND creating great
experiences and outcomes for customers!

Requirements for Success
• 2+ years of experience in a customer/technical support role working for a
hosting company.
• 2 years of WordPress specific support.
• Intermediate knowledge of networking. You understand how information is
passed around the Internet and the basics of a HTTP request.
• Intermediate level experience with Linux based systems. You should be
comfortable at the Linux command line and know your way around the file
system.
• Intermediate knowledge of WordPress and WordPress Plugins and Themes.
• Basic knowledge of MySQL. You can access the server, figure out what
databases are installed, find the table you need and pull some data from
it.
• Able to type 50 - 60 wpm.
• Basic Bash scripting experience
• Basic knowledge of Apache and NGINX

Passion & Technology Driven
• You must love working with customers. You're a people person and you
don't dread when the phone rings. You look forward to helping the person
who just called you for help.
• In your free time you strive to learn new technologies and build
websites. You are secretly a geek at heart.
• While you can help the customers, it's also about helping each other.
Teamwork isn't something you just talk about; you believe it and help keep
it going.
• You can handle multiple tasks and prioritize work in order. That means
handling multiple tickets at once but you can tell which ones should be
taken care of first.
• You like to take detailed notes of what you're doing so others can see
what steps you've taken to help the customer. We work as a team and having
detailed notes is helpful for everyone.
• You're a great communicator, whether written or spoken. As the most
visible part of the company it matters what you say and how you say it.
• You have a passion for technology and a desire to learn.

Why WP Engine?
We value our employees and our customers’ experience above all. In Tech
Support the entire company’s got your back. From development to the
operations team, we support initiatives to increase your efficiency,
allowing you to focus on providing an amazing experience for our clients.
You are fully empowered to do your job - and without quotas!  It’s all
about making the customer’s experience the best it can be.  At WP Engine we
offer careers, not jobs. Start out in support and choose your destiny.  We
train and promote from within and encourage continued learning.

About WP Engine
WP Engine was voted one of Austin’s Best Places to Work in 2014 by the
Austin Business Journal and was listed on the Austin Chamber

With Regards,
Ron D

TrueAbility <https://trueability.com/>