[Jobposts] Linux Systems Administrator at Tyndale Company, Inc.
trueabilityjobs at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 17:50:34 UTC 2015
Title: Linux Systems Administrator
Location: Pipersville, PA, USA.
Please visit following Link to Take a shortcut to Tyndale Company, Inc.
recruiter's inbox and take an Online Technical Interview On a Live Server
Are you a self-motivated and self-learning individual with high technical
skills, willing to dive into new technologies? Do you have experience with
Linux-based systems and cloud services? If so, we have an exciting
opportunity as a Systems Administrator at Tyndale Company. This position is
integral in ensuring that all of Tyndale’s Linux-based servers are always
performing properly and prepared for business continuity, as well as ensure
the timely and accurate deployment of custom software.
Accountabilities and Job Activities:
• The key accountability of this position is to ensure that the
infrastructure running our custom applications is reliable and performs
o Ensure internal and external end users are able to access and use the
applications that they need.
o Ensure a smooth transition of development work to production.
o Work with developers to ensure they have the tools they need.
• Deploy Tyndale-developed applications to production, QA, test, and
development environments, as well as assist in troubleshooting
• Administrate all Linux-based servers, and the services that run on them
(including, but not limited to, HAProxy, RabbitMQ, Redis, MySQL, and Nginx).
• Administrate and oversee all cloud services currently in use, and any we
may use in the future.
• Research and implement any new services to enhance the functioning of our
custom applications and the infrastructure that runs then.
• Perform off-hours maintenance and upgrades as deemed necessary, including
participation in an on-call rotation.
• Respond to escalated technical support requests as required, including
workstations and applications.
• Assist in infrastructure projects and other tasks as assigned by IT
• 3 to 5 years’ experience preferred.
• Self-motivated and self-learning – the ability and desire to dive into
new technologies to keep Tyndale at the cutting edge of technology.
• Proactive in identifying problems and determining appropriate solutions.
• Strong communications skills in regards to dealing with end users,
vendors, and developers.
Education and Training
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent technical training
• Knowledge of and experience with Linux operating systems required.
• Knowledge of and experience with one or more Amazon cloud services (S3,
CloudFront, Glacier, etc.) required.
• Experience with some form of software configuration management or
methodology of software deployments required.
• Experience with at least one scripting language (BASH, Perl, PowerShell,
Python, etc.) required.
• Knowledge of and experience with VMware or virtualization preferred.
• Basic network skills preferred: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Ethernet switching,
Work Environment/Physical Demands: Office and datacenter environments;
ability to lift up to 50 lbs. (racking servers); flexible schedule to
participate in on-call rotation off-hours.
Total Compensation Package includes:
• Competitive salary, plus eligible for bonus
• Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental and Vision
insurance; 401k with company match; Paid-Time Off Program, Holidays, Jury
Duty and Bereavement Leave, STD/LTD, Company-wide Bonus Plan, and product
If you complete this technical assessment and our HR team approves, you
will be asked to finish your application at www.tyndaleusa.com/careers
More information about the Jobposts