[Jobposts] Software Engineer (Backend - Java) at Help.com

Ron D trueabilityjobs at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 14:37:13 UTC 2015

*Title: **Software Engineer (Backend - Java) *
*Location: Austin, TX*

Please visit following Link to Take a shortcut to Help.com recruiter's
inbox and take an Online Technical Interview On a Live Server NOW!
http://bit.ly/1d4qGud

At Help.com, our team of customer service and technology experts is setting
out to build the next generation of customer service software. Our goal is
to give companies the tools they need to delight their customers at
enterprise scale. We want to win the customer service software market by
providing companies and their customers with tools that are powerful and
simple to use. At its core, Help.com is a technology company and we are
looking for talented engineers at all levels to join our growing technical
team in Austin. We are predominantly in the JavaScript/Node.js ecosystem
with heavy use of Java on the backend, but we are developing a microservice
architecture that gives us immense flexibility in our choice of languages
and tools.

*SOME OF THE FOLLOWING COULD MAKE YOU A GREAT FIT AT HELP.COM
<http://HELP.COM>*
o You are excited about working at a startup and on a small, talented team.
o You are excited about microservices and messaging systems and can explain
to a room full of engineers why they're such compelling and powerful
technologies (and what their drawbacks are).
o You are active in the open source community or have a desire to start
contributing; our software engineers are constantly learning, using, and
contributing to open source projects.
o You care deeply about code quality, performance, and execution, but
aren't a dogmatic perfectionist.
o You enjoy coding at all layers in a web application stack while
pioneering new usability and features along the way.
o You can deliver on time-sensitive projects with ease and adapt to changes
along the way.

*QUALIFICATIONS*
o 2+ years experience working with Java and J2EE technologies in a
production environment
o Strong problem solving skills
o Deep understanding of how to build performant, decoupled, testable,
maintainable code.Experience in the following broad technologies: async
network programming, threading and advanced concurrency, internet
protocols, REST, JSON, and JDBC
o Solid understanding of relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL or MySQL)
and non-relational/NoSQL databases
o Experience writing JUnit tests and functional tests
o Proficiency in a *nix environment
o Experience working with Git
o DevOps minded (at minimum, know how to get code deployed)

*NICE TO HAVE SKILLS*
o Experience with Netty
o Proficiency with JavaScript, particularly Node.js
o Experience with Ansible, Docker, CoreOS, etc.
o Experience with "Big Data" data stores and technologies
o Front-end development skills (especially HTML template systems and LESS
or SASS)
All of our positions are based in our office in downtown Austin, TX. We
offer competitive compensation (both cash and equity), an unlimited
vacation policy, as well as fully paid medical benefits (health, dental,
vision) for eligible employees. Best of all, we have the energy, agility,
and fun of a startup. Help.com is an equal opportunity employer and we
value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age,
marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are unable to
sponsor visas at this time, so all candidates must be legally authorized to
work in the US.

With Regards,
Ron D