[Jobposts] Linux Opening Available in Burbank
Summer.Butler at modis.com
Thu Sep 27 17:10:52 UTC 2012
I have a fantastic opportunity available with Walt Disney in Burbank California. It is a long term contract role with a potential for hire. Below are the detailed specifications, Please contact me at the address below if youre interested in discussing further.
This position is for an experienced systems engineer eager to play an integral role on the Systems Engineering team at a major entertainment studio in the Glendale/Burbank, CA area. Primary responsibilities include designing, building, and supporting web application systems for a large scale enterprise production environment that hosts a variety of online properties for our client.
The Senior Systems Engineer is expected to have expert level systems administration skills on both the Linux and Windows server platforms, and must have extensive experience with Apache, IIS, and Tomcat. This position will focus on systems and application stability, security, performance, and capacity management, as well as documentation. The role requires participating in an on-call support rotation.
This position works closely with various business Engineering and Production teams to gather requirements, troubleshoot issues, and provide stellar customer support. The role requires someone who is creative, proactive, constructive, and highly motivated. The Senior SE must be prepared to work in an extremely collaborative and high energy environment.
* Responsible for showing expert proficiency in and leading others in the development, implementation, and administration of systems with enterprise-wide focus (e.g. a mission-critical/high traffic and revenue generating commerce site).
* Proven technical expert in relevant state of the art technologies and systems, accompanied with expert systems design understanding.
* Clearly serves and is recognized as a mentor and senior team member by all teams as well as a valued resource during the discovery phase of projects.
* Leads large scale projects involving a variety of internal and external teams, coordinating with several teams through all phases of planning and execution.
* Typically has 7 or more years experience with relevant internet technologies and with implementing, administering, and supporting production websites and backend support systems.
* Spends a significant amount of time dealing with system architecture design and review, capacity planning, monitoring design and refinement, as well as researching solutions to existing problems and new ideas.
* Bachelor of Science degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience in technical operations or software engineering
* Windows and Linux server administration experience required. Expertise in system installation, configuration, administration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, preventative maintenance, capacity planning, monitoring, and security procedures
* Web server (IIS, Apache) and application server (e.g. Tomcat, JBoss, PHP) expertise required, including installation, administration, configuration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, preventative maintenance, capacity planning, monitoring, and security procedures
* Content management systems and publishing systems experience preferred but not required
* Database Administration - setup, configuration and basic database troubleshooting skills
* Understanding of internet standards such as HTTP, DNS, FTP, SSH, HTML, XML, JDBC, SNMP and other protocols
* IP communication and packet structure, with focus on HTTP protocol and experience with network protocol analyzers
* Experience hardening and maintaining secure systems (Visa CISP or PCI experience a plus!)
* Network hardware architecting including experience with load balancing equipment, switches, routers, and network troubleshooting
* Hardware systems design and implementation, cluster management, implementing redundancy and testing failover, etc
* Expert use of monitoring and troubleshooting utilities to effectively diagnose problems.
* Storage (SAN, NAS, etc)
* Excellent verbal and written communication to all levels in the organization.
* Serves as primary point of contact with Manager
* Ability to lead functional teams in systems integration and design including writing operational specs, architectural diagrams, test plans and requirements management
* Communication of ideas and solutions in a clear and organized manner
* Clear and effective presentations to groups of people
* Effective project management and planning on large-scale projects
* Ability to design and deliver training to other staff
* Construction of concise and complete technical documentation
* Mentoring of Jr. Staff on technical material
* Viewed as a reliable technical resource for others
* Detailed understanding of the goals and requirements of the business supported
summer.butler at modis.com
More information about the Jobposts