[Jobposts] Site Reliability Engineers opportunity at Ooyala

Sapna Aggarwal sapna.aggarwal at ooyala.com
Fri Feb 10 17:27:30 UTC 2012

Job Posting by: Sapna Aggarwal, Technical Recruiter at Ooyala

SITE RELIABILITY ENGINEER

Location: Mountain View, CA.
Full Time opportunity

Email resumes to: sapna.aggarwal at ooyala.com

Ooyala is powering the video revolution for some of the biggest
companies around the world with hundreds of millions of visitors and
billions of hits every single day. We help our partners manage,
deliver, and optimize their video investment across multiple device
platforms. Do you have the passion to make a huge impact on a global
scale? Ooyala is the place for you.

Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) is a part of mission critical team
that is responsible for making sure our users have a flawless
experience. You wear many hats in this role, jumping between a coder,
sysadmin, optimizer, and hacker. If you love write single-page scripts
that replace thousand-line programs, if you hear three sentences about
a problem and immediately think of a half dozen solutions, if you love
taking projects all the way from a mere idea on a whiteboard to a
deployment over vast fleets spread across the globe then we have the
perfect job to unleash your creativity.

Responsibilities

•	Get involved in every part of our product from design to trouble
shooting and performance analysis
•	Manage high-traffic, high-availability services
•	Design, implement, and maintain large-scale distributed services
•	Work with many common and not-so-common open-source technologies
•	Keep a cool head under (system) fire and handle regular on-call duty

Requirements

•	BS/MS or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent from top tier school
•	3+ years Linux/Unix system administration experience. A Linux/Unix
commandline ninja
•	Excellent understanding of web concepts and technologies
•	Fluent in two or more of Ruby, Perl, Python, PHP, Shell scripting
•	Familiarity with large-scale distributed computing concepts and
software a plus

If this sounds like an opportunity you'd be interested in exploring,
please send me your resume / availability to chat at
sapna.aggarwal at ooyala.com and I will get back with you. This position
is located in Mountain View, CA. If you have questions, I will be more
than happy to schedule an introductory call to address all of them.

Best,

Sapna Aggarwal
Technical Recruiter
sapna.aggarwal at ooyala.com