[Jobposts] Linux Systems Administrator

David Gendel dgendel at bitpusher.com
Tue May 24 21:24:00 UTC 2011

BitPusher provides comprehensive management of web infrastructure, both
owned by BitPusher and hosted elsewhere. We build long-term
relationships with our customers and take the time to understand their
applications, their technical needs and their business needs.

BitPusher is a small, rapidly growing web infrastructure company with
offices in Seattle and San Francisco. We are seeking a focused and
responsible junior level Linux Systems Administrator in our Seattle
office to help maintain our various Linux environments.

This role will be a junior Systems Administrator in the Seattle office
with the opportunity to learn and grow. You will have the benefit of
working along side a group of talented, experienced, and dedicated
professionals who will all contribute to your learning and growth. This
is an excellent opportunity for someone who has solid foundational
skills and wants the opportunity to learn and gain valuable experience.

Experience & Requirements:

          o Associates Degree in relevant field or 1 -- 2 years related
            experience
          o Knowledge and comfort operating within Linux environments
          o Understanding or familiarity with typical web application
            platforms (e.g. LAMP stack)
          o Familiarity with Nagios, Cacti, Rsnapshot, Munin, and
            related tools
          o Ability to successfully work independently and within a team
          o Ability to successfully work from a ticketing system queue
          o Ability to successfully work with multiple remote customers
          o Strong personal and professional initiative
          o Strong and demonstrated desire to learn and grow and develop
          o Focus on the success of the team and organization

Typical Duties:

          o Apply updates and patches to systems as prescribed by review
            process
          o Triage incoming support requests and either resolve or
            assign/escalate
          o Configuring and maintaining backups
          o Configuring and maintaining monitoring systems
          o Management and maintenance of ticketing system queue
          o Resolution of maintenance requests (e.g. add new user,
            remove user, etc...)

BitPusher, LLC offers excellent opportunities for professional growth.
We have a strong commitment to being a leader in managed application
hosting, with customer satisfaction being our number one priority.

Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to: hr at bitpusher.com

-- David Gendel