[Jobposts] Sr. Software Engineer - Storage Intel Corporation, Hillsboro, Oregon

Hughes, Jeanine jeanine.hughes at intel.com
Tue Jun 8 23:08:52 UTC 2010

Sr. Software Engineer - Storage
Linux Device Driver Developer
Full-time position with Intel Corporation
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon (USA)

We are looking for an experienced Linux Kernel and Device Driver developer with proven experience in the field of Ethernet driver, Fibre Channel (FC) Storage driver development, and Networking (NetDev) and Storage (SCSI) subsystems of Linux Kernel. This team's charter is to bring the cutting edge FCoE (Fibre Channel Over Ethernet) technology to market and to Linux Kernel.

More information on FCoE is at http://www.open-fcoe.org and http://www.fcoe.com.

Qualifications

You should possess a Masters in Computer Science. You should have training or experience with Intel architecture, C, networking, TCP/IP, and storage technologies such as Fibre Channel (FC), SCSI and iSCSI in Linux* operating systems. Additional qualifications include:
- Strong in C development, Linux device driver development and software design
- Experience with FC and SCSI bus protocol and Linux* storage driver stack
- Experience with ESX
- Experience in Ethernet device driver development and Linux networking (NetDev) stack
- Experience with open source model of driver development
- Strong knowledge in kernel mode device driver development for Linux* in x86 environments
- Experience with Linux* user space to kernel interaction, virtual versus physical memory and I/O manager concepts
- Experience of bus architectures such as Peripheral Component Interconnect (PCI) and/or PCI-Express* and OS resource handling and management
- Experience with multithreading, timers, synchronization in Linux* kernel space
- Ability to read hardware specifications, implement hardware control routines, and diagnose and correct software and/or hardware interaction issues
- Ability to write, review, and revise technical documentation
- A team player, self-starter, motivated, willing and able to code to existing architecture while looking for potential areas of improvement.

Apply Directly:
http://www.intel.com/jobs/jobsearch/index.htm?job=571738

Will you take international applicants?

Not at this time

Do folks need pre-existing work visas for your country?

Not necessarily

Is a relocation allowance part of the salary package?

Yes

Can we telecommute?

Not at this time

.

Regards,
Jeanine

Jeanine Hughes
Strategic Recruiting Team
Intel Corporation
jeanine.hughes at intel.com<mailto:jeanine.hughes at intel.com>
http://www.linkedin.com/in/hughesjeanine

"Our every success is due to the efforts of our global, diverse workforce. We are committed to investing in our employees and celebrating the myriad of cultures, lifestyles, experiences, and ideas they have to offer."