[Jobposts] Linux Software Engineer - Intel Corporation, Phoenix Arizona
jeanine.hughes at intel.com
Tue Jun 8 22:48:33 UTC 2010
Linux Software Engineer
Full-time position with Intel Corporation
Location: Phoenix, Arizona (USA)
This position is 100% software development in C/C++ with limited x86 assembly on Linux-based PCs. In this position, your responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to:
- Designing, developing/coding, and debugging Linux device drivers for Intel's integrated storage and redundant array of independent disks (RAID) products
- Debugging product and test failures using software debuggers, In-Target Probe (ITP), and bus analyzers
- Reviewing and providing strong feedback on product software architecture specifications and design specifications.
- Debugging hardware-related software issues
- Working very closely with the desktop server hardware chipset teams to create a production software product for Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and end users
- Responding to customer and/or client requests or events as they occur
- Developing solutions to problems utilizing formal education, judgment, and formal software process
- Must have strong problem solving skills and communication skills. Work well in a team environment.
You must possess a minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering with three years of post-degree work experience, or a Master of Science degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering preferred with two or more years of post-degree work experience.
- 2+ years experience in C/C++ and object oriented coding skills
- 2+ years experience in Software Development Life Cycles (SDL) or Agile or Waterfall
- 2+ years experience in Linux driver development
- Experience with storage protocols, interfaces, and concepts (i.e. SATA, SAS, SCSI, AHCI)
- Excellent programming skills
- Debug and development experience with kernel debuggers and/or application debuggers
- Knowledge of Linux OS and driver internals
- Knowledge of Linux kernel storage stack (e.g. mid-layer, libsas, etc.)
- Education and experience in file systems, storage products and/or redundant array of independent disks (RAID)
- General PC architecture knowledge
- Application software programming experience
- PC System BIOS knowledge
We are looking for candidates local to Arizona at this time.
Strategic Recruiting Team
jeanine.hughes at intel.com<mailto:jeanine.hughes at intel.com>
"Our every success is due to the efforts of our global, diverse workforce. We are committed to investing in our employees and celebrating the myriad of cultures, lifestyles, experiences, and ideas they have to offer."
More information about the Jobposts