[Jobposts] Production Operations Developer, Linden Lab, International (esp AU), telecommute

Strata Chalup srchalup at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 22:49:46 UTC 2008

Hey Chix-- I am a PM with the Operations group here, and we're hoopy
froods who are fun to work with.  This is primarily a telecommute
position, no relocation available.

http://lindenlab.com/employment/dnoc_dev

Overview:
Linden Lab is looking for exceptional developers to build the tools
that hold up the world that is Second Life. We want you if you respond
to problems by crafting stable, scalable tools. You will join our
worldwide Production Grid Operations team, which provides 24/7
monitoring, diagnosis, solving, and escalating issues related to the
Second Life grid. You will earn the respect and admiration of our
millions of registered residents for your contributions to the
stability of the Second Life platform. And be an integral part of a
kick-ass team dedicated to the continuous progression and improvements
of virtual worlds.

Responsibilities:

    * Design, develop, and deploy high-quality tools for the
monitoring, provisioning, and repairing of Second Life grid
    * Provide real-time response to grid attacks, network and web
outages, and other issues raised by in-world experience team
    * On-call support and expert triage of production grid issues
    * Provide status updates and problem descriptions to in-world and
community teams
    * Escalate problems when required to on-call development, web, and
operations staff

Qualifications:

    * At least 2 years professional experience as a software developer
    * Scripting ability in shell and at least one other language
(Perl, Python, PHP, JavaScript). C/C++ coding/debugging skills a
strong plus
    * Significant experience in writing, optimizing, and debugging SQL
    * Solid grounding in networking and Linux/UNIX fundamentals
    * Exceptional diagnostic and analytic ability
    * Excellent written and verbal communication skills
    * Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
    * Must thrive in the face of large, complex, unpredictable challenges.

Fine Print: Linden Lab seeks to maintain a diverse and welcoming
workplace; therefore candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to
apply.

Notice to Recruiters: Please do not submit resumes to our jobs site,
to our employees or to Linden Lab by any other means, unless you have
a written contract with us, signed by an officer of Linden Lab. We are
not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.