[Jobposts] US-CA-SF Desktop support/jr. sysadmin (bilingual Spanish/English ideal)

jennyw jennyw at dangerousideas.com
Fri Jan 19 01:01:24 UTC 2007

Spanish language skills would be a big plus, as some of the users we
support are Spanish speakers.

Job duties include:

* Good customer service skills. Some of our users are very
non-technical; others are more technical. Be able to work with the range
of expertise and different styles. Be able to work with people who speak
English as a second language. Be able to juggle priorities and
communicate effectively about estimated times.

* Desktop support for Windows operating systems (almost entirely XP
Professional right now) and Mac OS X. This includes installation,
troubleshooting, and support for applications like Thunderbird, Firefox,
Office, and some vertical applications that we'll train you on.

* Linux systems administration -- backups, setting up new servers,
software updates, managing e-mail accounts, etc.

* Windows systems administration -- adding/updating/removing users,
checking on backups, taking care of software update servers (including
antivirus and WSUS), and other tasks as assigned by the senior systems
administrators.

* Having a car -- this job requires traveling to different locations in
the Bay Area. Mileage will be reimbursed.

This is a staff position (w-2), will be paid hourly, and will be
somewhere between 20-40 hours per week with the intention of going
full-time as soon as possible.

We're a small computer consulting company in San Francisco serving
non-profit orgs and small businesses. We're socially conscious and many
of our customers are social justice and/or progressive organizations.

We encourage women, people of color, and LGBT applicants. We are
ourselves a woman/minority/LGBT owned company.

Feel free to forward.

Thanks!

Jen-Mei