[Jobposts] Integration Engineer

Jaspal Singh jsingh at tucows.com
Mon Aug 13 20:13:14 UTC 2007

Tucows is a dynamic and growing Internet services company based in the
trendy Liberty Village area of Toronto.  As the largest Internet services
provider for hosting companies and ISPs, we provide millions of email boxes
and manage over seven million domains.  We also maintain one of the popular
software download sites on the Internet at Tucows.com.

At Tucows, we seek to make the Internet easier and more effective for
passionate Internet users. Our goal is to reduce complexity for our
customers as they acquire, deliver or use Internet services. And we do it
all in a funky, fun and casual environment.
When you come to Tucows you leave the concrete jungle behind and join a
bunch of creative, passionate professionals who truly love the Internet and
technology.  We value creativity, innovation and people who look to make a
difference and drive results.

We know that people are what count the most.  And we have great people with
different skill sets, work experiences, from all over the world and right
next door on our team.  Our success is the sum of all our efforts.

Sound like your dream job is at Tucows?  Check out our latest opening:

INTEGRATION ENGINEER

Join our dynamic team of Integration Engineers where you’ll participate on
cross-functional project teams, while developing, deploying and maintaining
several components that form a large scale hosted messaging platform.
Tucows’ platform is a high availability system spread across multiple data
centers, servers, operating systems, and is vast and complex.
This position also requires flexibility for after hours on call and holiday
coverage

What you’ll need to succeed:
·	Minimum 3 years development experience in a large scale server environment
related to messaging preferred
·	Successful completion of post-secondary studies in computer science or
engineering is a must
·	Excellent UNIX skills, especially Solaris, Red Hat Linux and HPUX to
system administrator level
·	2+ years experience with software development and test processes
·	Familiarity with process implementation and improvement
·	3+ years commercial experience in Shell Scripting, Perl.
·	Knowledge/experience of C/Java is a plus
·	2+ years experience working with messaging and web protocols and
languages, such as SMTP, POP3, IMAP4, LDAP, HTTP, WML, HTML
·	Good verbal and written skills
·	Able to multitask effectively
·	Able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines in a fast paced
environment
·	Ability to work with multiple cross functional teams
·	Excellent time management skills

Think you have what it takes to succeed in this challenging role?  Email us
your resume at work at tucows.com along with a covering letter telling us your
story.  Be sure to include INTEGRATION ENGINEER in your email subject line.
Please do not apply online.

IMPORTANT:  We have recently implemented a new email system. Should you have
any problems in submitting your resume, please send your application by fax
to 416-531-1257 or contact our offices at 416-535-0123 ext. 1368.

We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those considered
for an interview will be contacted.