[Jobposts] Systems Administrator

Jaspal Singh jsingh at tucows.com
Mon Aug 13 20:13:14 UTC 2007

Tucows is a dynamic and growing Internet services company based in the
trendy Liberty Village area of Toronto.  As the largest Internet services
provider for hosting companies and ISPs, we provide millions of email boxes
and manage over seven million domains.  We also maintain one of the popular
software download sites on the Internet at Tucows.com.

At Tucows, we seek to make the Internet easier and more effective for
passionate Internet users. Our goal is to reduce complexity for our
customers as they acquire, deliver or use Internet services. And we do it
all in a funky, fun and casual environment.

When you come to Tucows you leave the concrete jungle behind and join a
bunch of creative, passionate professionals who truly love the Internet and
technology.  We value creativity, innovation and people who look to make a
difference and drive results.

We know that people are what count the most.  And we have great people with
different skill sets, work experiences, from all over the world and right
next door on our team.  Our success is the sum of all our efforts.

Sound like your dream job is at Tucows?  Check out our latest opening:

UNIX ADMINISTRATOR

Leverage your technical expertise in Tucows’ 24/7 production remote data
centers, where you’ll be responsible for capacity management, version
management, server deployment, O/S and application installation and
maintenance, performing hardware and software upgrades, backup
infrastructure management, ensuring high availability, problem investigation
and resolution, as well as architecting Tucows’ systems.

You’ll be working as part of a dynamic team of Systems Administrators and
Network Engineers and will participate in cross-functional project teams.

Qualified applicants must possess the following:
·	Successful completion of post-secondary education in computer science or
engineering a must
·	A minimum 5 years of supporting production UNIX environments (Solaris 8
and 9, HPUX 11-11i, Red Hat Enterprise class, Debian)
·	A very good understanding of IP based protocols and services
·	Good verbal and written skills
·	Ability to work in a faced paced production environment
·	Excellent time management skills
·	Ability to work as part of cross-functional teams

Think you have what it takes to succeed in this challenging role?  Email us
your resume at work at tucows.com along with a covering letter telling us your
story.  Be sure to include SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR in your email subject line.
Please do not apply online.

IMPORTANT:  We have recently implemented a new email system.  Should you
have any problems in submitting your resume, please send your application by
fax to 416-531-1257 or contact our offices at 416-535-0123 ext. 1368.

We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those considered
for an interview will be contacted.