[Jobposts] Senior Software Engineer, Linux, Sunnyvale CA

Skip Franks SFranks at Omneon.com
Mon Aug 13 14:45:16 UTC 2007

We have an opportunity for a seasoned senior Linux systems software
engineer to join our highly skilled team.  We are building applications

that run media processing functions on a grid of parallel x86 PCs.  You
will be responsible for creating the Linux base for our servers,

integrating applications, drivers, management and services.

The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:

*	Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
*	5+ years experience developing Linux or Unix system level
software
*	Experience with Linux internals and system bring-up
(configuring, patching and building Linux kernels)
*	Experience working with networking and client/server or
distributed systems
*	Experience with parallel/ grid processing systems
*	Experience documenting processes and tools
*	Excellent communication skills

Please contact: sfranks at omneon.com

Omneon is a dynamic company providing innovative server and storage
products to the broadcast,

media and entertainment industries

Location:  Sunnyvale, CA