[Jobposts] Linux Platform Engineer - Milpitas, CA

James Larsen James at gravitypeople.com
Thu Nov 16 17:50:21 UTC 2006

Linux Platform Engineer - Milpitas, CA

We are looking for a Linux systems-level expert with deep knowledge of
internals and drivers. Our ideal candidate will ensure that ALL of our
hardware is a viable platform for any software engineer at our company,
so we need someone who thrives in Linux OS-focused work.
Responsibilities include OS bring-up, kernel, and device driver
development projects.

Requirements:

*	8+ years overall industry experience with 2+ years creating,
integrating, and modifiying Linux kernel modules and device drivers
(ideal candidates will have experience with 2.4 and 2.6)
*	4+ years experience OS systems-level programming is required
with expertise in C
*	Experience with build environments, makefiles, software
packaging is a strong plus
*	Experience in storage, networking, and/or security is a strong
plus
*	BSCS/EE or equivalent required

Personality Traits:

*	Team player with the ability to work in small teams
*	Self-starter who embraces new challenges with great enthusiasm
*	Good communication (written and oral) skills
*	Desire to innovate and charter new territories

We offer:

*	Competitive salary
*	Company stock options
*	Highly challenging and rewarding environment
*	Ability to impact the business

As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race,
religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual
orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.

 Contact Info:

To apply to this posting, please email a copy of your resume to
james at gravitypeople.com