[Jobposts] IT Support Engineer - Arada Systems, Sunnyvale, CA

Ravi Puvvala ravi at aradasystems.com
Thu Nov 16 00:56:43 UTC 2006

IT Support Engineer - Sunnyvale, California

Summary
Do you want to be part of the team that redefines WLAN ecosystem? We
have about eighty customers worldwide.

Arada is recruiting a world-class team in Sunnyvale, California and
needs an experienced IT Support Engineer to provide IT support and IT
systems configuration and management.

This is initially a part-time position but, as our organization grows,
there is the opportunity for the right person to grow into a full-time
role with additional responsibilities.

Responsibilities
The IT Support Engineer will be responsible for providing general IT
Support to end-users in our Sunnyvale office and also providing
assistance in installing, configuration and management of IT
infrastructure under the direction of our engineering staff .

Required Experience
Successful candidates must have experience in the following:
 Setup/installation/configuration of Microsoft Windows XP desktop and
laptop computers
 Windows XP end-user support
 Microsoft Office installation, trouble-shooting and end-user support,
including Outlook in particular
 Basic TCP/IP LAN configuration setting up routing, DHCP, subnets, etc
 Wireless LAN configuration and support
 Linux Redhat Enterprise Linux
 Experience with and appreciation of the needs of highly mobile users
 Setting up demos for customers
 Configuring and validating access point reference designs before
shipping to customers
 Working with geographically separated teams (Arada has offices in
California, India)

Desirable Experience
 Ideal candidates will also have experience in one or more of the following:
 Installation, configuration and management of VPNs
 Installation, configuration and management of Cisco equipment VOIP systems
 Web-based groupware systems, particularly Confluence (wiki), Cerebrus
(help desk)

Required Attributes
Successful candidates will have the following attributes:
 Good communication skills
 Helpful demeanor
 Able to work autonomously and manage own-time and prioritization of own
todo list
 Good initiative/resourceful
 Ability to follow-through until problems are resolved

Primary Skills: See above
Salary: Between 40,000 - 60,000
Experience Required: Some Experience, 2 years minimum
Clearance Level: none
Travel: 0 %

For immediate consideration, please send your resumes to
jobs-usa at aradasystems.com