[Jobposts] Application Support Engineer (near Santa Cruz, California)

LeeAnn Pultz leeann at extraview.com
Thu Nov 16 18:04:50 UTC 2006

Hi all - if this doesn't match you, pass this on to anyone you think
might be a good fit!

****************************

ExtraView Corporation is leading the way in providing a true global
Business Process Management and workflow system.
With many thousands of users, and growing, some of the world's largest
companies depend on ExtraView Corporation
products for their competitive edge.

Work with the world's leading companies, including General Electric,
Pfizer, Sharp, Panasonic, Northrop Grumman,
Microsoft, Emerson, Lockheed Martin, New Century Mortgage, etc.

We are looking for a technical person with a strong desire to help
customers.
Excellent verbal and written communication is a must.

The candidate should have strong SQL scripting skills, experience
working in a Linux environment, and problem solving skills.

The candidate will join our growing Operations team, and will involve a
variety of tasks and responsibilities – all with a strong focus on
supporting our customers and development team. The successful candidate
will need to recreate customer issues, work with the rest of the support
team and development staff to resolve the issue and follow the issue
through to resolution.

The candidate will work closely with other team members, business units,
and development staff to provide production support for our product.

This position requires an individual that is a team player that can
contribute ideas or solutions to support customers.

The candidate will also write SQL database scripts, and will be
responsible for executing our software build and release process.

The successful candidate is required to be detail oriented,
communicative and must have prior problem management experience.

The position will require some on call support and may require some
travel. This is a 24 x 7 environment and the position is one that
requires a self-starter who is highly motivated with new challenges. The
successful candidate must be dynamic, flexible, have excellent verbal
and written skills.

The position is an intermediate one – requiring 2-4 years experience
working in the industry, with a good appreciation of all facets of the
software development life cycle.

Requirements
• Strong SQL scripting skills
• Experience working in a Linux command line environment
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Experience supporting a web based software application
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Dynamic, flexible and detail oriented
• Ability to work closely with team members, customers and vendors
• Understanding of web technology
• Apache, IIS, Weblogic, Tomcat or other J2EE application support a big
plus
• Working knowledge of TCP/IP, SMTP, HTTP Compression, and SSL are a plus
• Installing, configuring, administering Oracle, MSSQL on Windows/Linux
• Using or administering a source control system (CVS, VSS, Perforce)
• Using or administering a bug tracking system

To apply, email job111806 at extraview.com with your resume and cover letter