[Jobposts] kernel and/or application programmers wanted in Illinois, USA

Sarah Burney sburney at codexnovus.com
Wed Oct 12 08:02:54 EST 2005

CodexNovus, whose specialities are high definition video, multi-channel
audio, and network-based delivery of multimedia, is looking for
experienced, superior computer programmers.

A successful candidate will have at least a Bachelor's degree, be competent
in C programming, and be familiar with the Linux Operating System and open
source tools such as GCC, GDB and SVN.

A kernel programmer will be familiar, and have experience with Linux memory
allocation, I/O scheduling, task scheduling, Real-Time concerns,
preemption, fast booting, and kernel metrics.

An application programmer will be familiar and have experience with HTML,
PHP, and SQL or X Window and open source graphic toolkits.

Our programming team members are responsible for specifying, writing,
modifying, testing and debugging code.

We are located in east central Illinois, USA, and welcome international
applicants, and a pre-existing work visa is required, with the
understanding that the company will not bear the cost of work visa changes,
nor will it fund "green card" applications, except by prior
agreement.  Telecommuting may be possible at some point, but not
initially.  Salaries for this position start at $45,000 USD per year, and
are commensurate with experience.

Come join our high tech product team!  Get acquainted with our products at
http://www.codexnovus.com, and email your resume to sburney at codexnovus.com.