[Jobposts] Job Openings for Linux and Unix Kernel Developers at VMware, Inc. -OS Kernel Engineer

Loren Bryand lbryand at vmware.com
Fri Oct 14 02:07:17 EST 2005

VMware is a world class leader in Virtualization.  We have paved a new road
to how IT organizations
structure its resources to meet its growing needs.<?xml:namespace prefix = o
ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

With many companies needing improved efficiency, lowered costs and increased
reliability, VMware
has a strong present and future market space.  Currently at approximately 200
million in revenue, VMware is
positioned to be at a billion dollars in revenue in the coming year.At this
time, we are experiencing tremendous growth and we are looking for talented
Software Engineers
for our newly formed and expanding engineering teams.  This is a great time
to join VMware and to become  a key contributor to our engineering team.

OS Kernel Engineer
VMware, Inc.
Cambridge, MA

Responsibilities
VMware Inc., a pioneer in virtualization software for industry-standard
computers, is seeking senior OS Kernel Engineers with a proven track record
for delivering high quality, well-architected software products. You will be
responsible for developing the core kernel for an enterprise-class
virtualization platform. This includes design, implementation, testing and
debugging. You will also interact and partner with other groups outside of
engineering.

Requirements

*	Extensive experience on low-level, kernel-level code development.

*	A good sense of performance characteristics of kernel code and how to
optimize the code.

*	A passion for writing high-quality, well-architected and
well-documented code in C.

*	A strong background in computer hardware and architecture.

*	Strong analytical and debugging skills.

*	Strong track record of developing successful products, from inception
to delivery.

*	Good communication skills.

*	Specific technical skills to look for the core kernel

Desired Requirements

*	Intel IA32 CPU architecture.

*	Intel-based server architecture.

*	BIOS, EFI, ACPI.