[Jobposts] Linux Kernel Developer Oppty for Security Startup

Mary mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Mon Jun 20 10:21:37 EST 2005

NOTE: I'm just passing this on because there were problems with the
original posting. Please do not contact me about this job, follow the
instructions in the ad.

--- Linux Kernel Ad ---

We are the exclusive recruiters for our client, a well-funded and
fast-growing security startup based in San Francisco. Since many of the
developers live in the South Bay, they are in the process of seriously
considering opening up a satellite office in Mountain View. They are set up
for telecommuting and on average, the developers report to the office 2-3
times/week. We want to talk to all interested candidates who can commute to
either locations a few times a week.

This company develops next-generation access control solutions, a red-hot
niche of the multi-billion dollar Identity and Access Management (I+AM)
market.  According to John Pescatore of Gartner, "Ideally, the Network
Access Control process should operate with the security configuration and
IAM policies that are already deployed for the rest of IT environment",  and
this is where the company Is focused..  Members of the engineering team will
be producing truly ground-breaking solutions that will dramatically change
the way enterprises look at access control, based on user identity and
policy rather than IP addresses.

The salaries can go up to around $120K. Competitive equity and benefits.

We will consider exceptional international candidates with very relevant
experience.

Position:
Linux Kernel Developer

Reporting Relationship:
VP of Engineering

Position Summary

This Linux kernel Developer position is responsible for developing and
building complex Linux based imbedded solutions. This position requires an
individual with a strong ability to develop and deliver quality software in
a team environment.  As a key member of the software development team, you
will be responsible for critical technology initiatives that will have a
visible and immediate impact. As a key member of the engineering team you
will work closely with other software engineers, Project Managers, Product
Managers, and the VP of Engineering to define and develop future product
functionality.

Job Requirements:

BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
* Minimum 7 years experience in operating system design and implementation;
at least 3 years experience implementing substantial Linux
subsystems/drivers
* Extremely strong C/C++ knowledge
* Expertise in design and implementation of UNIX networking, filesystems,
their efficiency and fault tolerance methods
* Strong background in imbedded Linux.
* Expertise in kernel debugging, tracing, profiling and optimization methods

* Experience in kernel customizations for particular types of job
scheduling, network and filesystem I/O loads
* Intimate knowledge of TCP/IP networking.
* Expertise in building and deploying custom Linux distributions
* Experience in high availability and fault tolerance methods for hardware
clusters
* Expertise in hardening Linux against security threats
* Strong debugging skills.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.

Qualified candidates, please send Word resumes to Calvin:
calvin at chiefpeople.com and specify which you requirements you meet and do
not meet.