[Jobposts] [lhadden@GOOGLE.COM: Google Job Posting]

Mary mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Sat Dec 18 08:10:38 EST 2004

Hi folks,

Jobs at Google. I have nothing to do with Google (I'm a list moderator),
so do NOT contact me. Please follow the instructions in the post.

----- Forwarded message from lhadden at GOOGLE.COM -----

From: lhadden at GOOGLE.COM
To: jobposts at linuxchix.org
Subject: Google Job Posting

Hello!

I would like to post the following 3 jobs on your site. Please confirm that
this has been done.

Senior Systems Administrator/Architect, Google.com (SRE)

Position based in Mountain View, CA.

*	Are you a detail-oriented systems professional, seasoned Unix
jockey, Internet services architect, database whiz, performance analyst, or
software engineer, at the top of your game?
*	Looking for the next cool problem to solve, in a fast-paced and
engineering-driven environment?
*	Can you write a script or application that performs practically the
entire job you once held earlier in your career?
*	Does your idea of a good time involve taking things apart just to
see how they work? Are you successful putting them back together when you're
done?
*	Can you help achieve increased Availability, Reliability, Uptime,
and Quality? (for our systems and services, naturally)

If you answered "Yes" to more than three of the above questions, you may
have what it takes. Keep reading.

Google.com Engineers are involved in all aspects of running our site. From
design to debug, from architecture to applications, Google.com engineers
spend their time troubleshooting problems in large-scale clustered
application service environments, and focus on making continual improvements
to our services.

Working for Google.com, you will wear many hats: performance analyst,
service architect, system/database administrator, capacity planner, tools
developer, monitoring expert, and technical evangelist, for all components
of Google.com's services.

This position requires a passion for problem solving, deep understanding of
networks, operating systems, multi-tiered Internet services, and the ability
to learn new applications and concepts quickly. Strong scripting skills are
essential.

Requirements:

*	BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline.
*	3+ years experience in a similar position.
*	Experience in a high-volume or critical production service
environment.
*	Proven technical troubleshooting experience.
*	Senior level Unix systems or database administration experience.
*	Programming or debugging of web applications running under Java VM.
*	In-depth knowledge of Linux, networking, and shell scripting.
*	Knowledge of Python programming a plus.
*	Experience with MySQL a plus.
*	Programming and troubleshooting skills in C/C++ and/or Java a plus.
*	Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
*	Ability to handle periodic on-call duty as well as out-of-band
requests.

For immediate consideration, please send a text (ASCII) or HTML version of
your resume to jobs at google.com. Important: The subject field of your email
must include Senior Systems Administrator, Google.com (SRE) - Mountain View.

System Administrator - Junior to Intermediate

Position based in Mountain View, CA.

We are looking for promising System Administrators to support our growing
office and server infrastructure. Working in a demanding and fast-paced
environment, you will need exceptional technical acuity and individual
initiative combined with a customer focused approach.

Responsibilities:

*	Configure system and network parameters.
*	Monitor stability and performance.
*	Ensure 24x7 operation.
*	Assist with corporate Linux desktop support.
*	Write comprehensive documentation.

Requirements:

*	BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
*	2+ years experience with Linux.
*	Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking.
*	Working knowledge of security, webservers, NIS/NFS, MTAs.
*	Programming/scripting (bash, perl, python).
*	Excellent verbal and written skills with outstanding customer
service.

For immediate consideration, please send a text (ASCII) or HTML version of
your resume to jobs at google.com. Important: The subject field of your email
must include System Administrator, Junior to Intermediate Level - Mountain
View.

Data Center Technician

Contract positions available in Atlanta, GA / Mountain View, CA / Toronto,
Ontario.

Google needs your help to build the physical infrastructure behind its
powerful search technology.

This is an excellent entry level opportunity for individuals who want to
become Linux gurus, system administrators, or network engineers. Work on a
team with highly motivated, talented individuals like yourself that are
striving each day to advance their Linux, networking, and hardware related
skills.

Responsibilities include:

*	Install new servers as our Linux cluster grows.
*	Help test and troubleshoot new server hardware components and
designs.
*	Install switches, routers, and other networking gear.
*	Fix broken servers (replace hard drives, replace bad sticks of RAM,
etc.).
*	Configure and troubleshoot Linux OS related issues on our servers.

Position requirements:

*	Minimum of 2 years working with PC hardware.
*	At least one year of Linux experience.
*	Able to lift/move 20-30 lbs equipment on a daily basis.
*	Experience troubleshooting and installing operating systems,
networking equipment, and software.
*	AA degree or equivalent experience is required.
*	Must provide own transportation to the job site.

For immediate consideration, please send a text (ASCII) or HTML version of
your resume to jobs at google.com. Important: The subject field of your email
must include Data Center Technician and the location of interest. For
example, if you are interested in the Atlanta position, your subject line
should be: Data Center Technician - Atlanta.

Leslie L. Hadden

Recruiting Coordinator

650.623.5312

lhadden at google.com