[Jobposts] Senior Linux Systems Administrator
joshua at kainmg.com
Mon Dec 20 11:41:35 EST 2004
Our client is a well funded venture capital startup that publishes cell
phone games and specializes in delivery and support of multi-player
interactive game play over cellular networks. This is a very exciting
opportunity in a sector that is very hot and rapidly expanding.
To apply send your resume to Josh at joshua at kainmg.com or call 650-627-9919.
To see all of our jobs, visit www.kainmg.com.
Senior Linux Systems Administrator
Location: San Mateo, CA
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Highly Competitive Compensation
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Systems Administrator to help them
install, test and maintain their Game Service Provider (GSP) development and
production hardware infrastructure. Job duties will include installing,
configuring and managing distributed architecture server farms that support
development, deployment and live play of interactive multiplayer games over
wireless cellular networks. Responsibilities will also include providing
input regarding requirements for initial hardware procurement to
installation, configuring, testing as well as defining and implementing the
day to day management processes and procedures.
- Education - BS in engineering or computer science or equivalent
- Must have at least 6 years experience as a production system
- At least two years working for a major high traffic content delivery
- Experience with installing and configuring Redhat Linux servers.
- Experience with DNS, Apache/Tomcat, MySQL, LDAP, Perl and Bash/Shell
- Experience in high availability and high reliability technologies.
- System performance tuning and measurement, back-up/recovery, NAS, SAN, and
RAID configuration, and other production system administration tools.
- Expert understanding of TCP/IP and related Internet protocols.
- Thorough understanding of Linux (Redhat experience preferred).
- Willingness to take responsibility for all emergency issues to ensure
- Ability to work independent and have good self-direction and follow
- Ability to build project plans and meet milestones.
- Experience in router and firewall configuration.
- 24/7 responsibility for all servers.
- Administer Linux and other operating systems.
- Deploy equipment at collocation sites and office.
- Interact with vendors to receive support and replacement parts.
- Investigate, evaluate and/or recommend purchases; has influence on
- Will work in coordination with Operations/System Administration located on
the East Coast. (some amount of travel may be required.)
Desired (any of these are a plus):
- Experience in managing multi-player interactive game server platforms.
- Experience in the area of wireless content delivery.
- System and Network security
More information about the Jobposts