[IndiChix] An Open request to LinuxChix-India

Gayathri Swaminathan gayathri.swa at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 05:26:24 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 11:15 PM, Kingsly John
<member+indichix at kingsly.net<member%2Bindichix at kingsly.net>
> wrote:

> +++ Gayathri Swaminathan [2009-01-04 20:03:56]:
>
> > After being here slightly over a year and observing activities of this
> > community, it appears the following members actively engage in several
> > LinuxChix-India's activities:
> >
> > - Aneesha
> > - Ankita
> > - Archana
> > - Barkha
> > - Hassath
> > - Runa
> > - Swati
> > - Vidya
>
> Care to explain how Swati fits in the list above?
>
>  - She's not been on the list for a long time.
>  - Hasn't bothered to reply or state her case in this thread for the past
> week.
>  - Has refused to share control of the domain.
>  - And has had Atul speak for her that she'll keep renewing the domain
> forever.
>  - And has a past history of usurping domains that were paid for by her and
>   transfered from a community and a registered non-profit society (BLUG) to
>   some private entity (Linux Bangalore).
>
> I am curious to your reasoning why such a person deserves to have any kind
> of
> control over the domain.
>
> Kingsly
>
> PS: Obviously -1 on the votes.

Kingsly,

The reason I still view Swati as a LinuxChix is when it all started, she
helped with the initial infrastructure ( that's what I gather from archives/
past)

I have not had any personal issues with Swati or Atul to cite references as
you do repeatedly.

Having said that the domain owner for a chapter must be a group of women.
Recent incidents might have caused some bitterness however the initial
founders/supporters still have rightful concerns about this chapter.

My 2 cents.

--
Gayathri Swaminathan
gpgkey: 3EFB3D39