[IndiChix] Summary of hosting offers + Voting (open till 2009feb07)

pavithran pavithran.s at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 14:21:10 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 6:46 AM, VidAyer <vid at svaksha.com> wrote:

> 1. Sudarsan :
> http://mailman.linuxchix.org/pipermail/indichix/2009-January/001449.html
> Hosts with GoDaddy.com, 100Gb of webspace, can allow multiple
> web-administrators to hover around the domain/webspace management,
> also willing to share the primary admin access credentials with a
> couple of "honest/responsible" members of the group, if needed.

+1
Good offer gives complete freeedom :)

> 5. Ketan, From :
> http://mailman.linuxchix.org/pipermail/indichix/2009-February/001519.html
> Mediawiki, a LAMP stack, SSH access and  1 TB Bandwidth per month.
>
> What does LAMP stack mean ? How many databases is the user allowed to
create ? And if SSH access is given anyone can install any no of wikis
mediawiki,tkwiki . or even a drupal CMS :)
I am just wondering why only mediawiki is mentioned when ssh access is given
?
Cheers to the volunteers for resolving the issue and quickly going on a
positive direction . I just hope the same amount of activity continues on
the  ground ie colleges and industry !

Regards,
Pavithran

--