[IndiChix] Another hosting provider

Sriram Narayanan sriramnrn at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 14:43:11 UTC 2009

Hey list:

My friend Ketan who helped with getting the content from the
mediawiki, has offered some space and bandwidth at the server where he
hosts www.swtbot.org.

We get a shared account, mediawiki, a LAMP stack. He presently runs
his personal blog and the swtbot.org site at his server. Those list
persons who need access need to send him their SSH public keys, and
he'll add those to the account there. So long as users are careful
with not deleting config files, he has no problems. Bandwidth is not
an issue since he gets about a TB per month with his account.

Pros:
- SSH access
- LAMP stack, mediawiki, mysql
- Yet another known person

Cons:
- In the remote possibility that Ketan chooses to close down his
account, we need to search for a new home for the Indichix wiki.

-- Sriram