[Indianlc] Lc-IN BoF Session - Notes and Goals page

Radha radha.nitt at jdRmqlWJAzh7ko8jVT66ZA8xLFM_PGYNqsUGpQ16gU3R_VpyBTCG6lOduTsE21Gq8K4_tu7SHebW7kKd.yahoo.invalid
Tue Dec 11 06:25:56 UTC 2007

On Dec 11, 2007 10:02 AM, Ankita Garg <gargankita at 2a5EjpBpXiBy5cDLiv2DacA2EbVTxOTVdD8ovQrvwZLp3RmKk_WVwjwK1rtCkjQj5Ab6FEZ-8USUUxe_OA.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> Hi Radha,
>

>  On Dec 10, 2007 8:06 PM, Radha <radha.nitt at hoyqMLP6urW_gKR7eHJ75AkSGnhHF1uA1JxDrOBy0GKcd9hMqs-FTkwB-FsseC3kQk6dlN_8ro5-wdAg.yahoo.invalid> wrote:
>
>  >
>  > Hi Linux chix team,
>  >
>  > Let me introduce myself first.
>  >
>  > My name is Radha. I work for a software company in Bangalore. I do
> porting
>  > here(Port applications developed in particular platform to other). My
> work
>  > is not in open source area, but i am an linux enthusiast. I attended
>  > Foss.in<http://foss.in/>out of curiosity and yes it was a fantastic
>  > event.
>  >

>  Nice to know that there are people around who inspite of working on
>  proprietary softwares due to job requirements, continue to be involved
>  n open source activities. Radha, a question out of curiosity, do you
>  use Linux as your primary desktop?

Yes I use Linux as my primary desktop :). Popularizing it among my
team mates too! :). Could convince two of them!

>  > Got nice Linux chix stickers and have put them at my work place and at
> home
>  > too! Feels very good! This is the first time i am introducing myself with
> my
>  > real name in a mailing list. I think this is the first success of
> Linuxchix!
>  > :)
>
>  >
>  > I attended BoF session but was a quiet observer :).
>  >
>  > I think the target audience should include school and college chixs. I
> have
>  > few contacts in that age group and they don't even know piracy stuff..
> how
>  > good Linux is and everything. Some basic write ups in web might help.
>  >

>  Yes I second that as well. If you have any contacts with any
>  school/college, we would love to conduct a session there on basic FOSS
>  concept. As for write-ups, most of us have already blogged about it.
>  We are also in the process of populating our wiki page, which we would
>  like to be a place for all infromation.

That sounds very nice. Let me find out the interest in my college!

>  > I know a bit of Linux. I know to install Linux and do some day to day
> task
>  > in Linux. I would like to contribute in someway to the community. If
> there
>  > is some task i can take up I would like to give it a shot!
>  >

>  At the moment, we are looking at expanding the membership of our org.
>  We would love if you could in any way help in popularising this among
>  your friends who are also FOSS enthusiasts.

Yes would do it!