[Indianlc] Lc-IN BoF Session - Notes and Goals page

Ankita Garg gargankita at WPkeeazlzTfCKzYqBLV64z1okOSJXLwLsEp8nGilTnvmniAH7lcvh7nnsUBN4dhflSd1D1ES6BkhXieEwg.yahoo.invalid
Tue Dec 11 04:32:25 UTC 2007

Hi Radha,

On Dec 10, 2007 8:06 PM, Radha <radha.nitt at Cd33-lH7FWhUrX3BZqjjUJAqhv4vt7HN66tOD0tS1nnn_quQ2B6RCfqj53xJmrQjg5mjcBFB-NhQHIs.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> Hi Linux chix team,
>
> Let me introduce myself first.
>
> My name is Radha. I work for a software company in Bangalore. I do porting
> here(Port applications developed in particular platform to other). My work
> is not in open source area, but i am an linux enthusiast. I attended
> Foss.in<http://foss.in/>out of curiosity and yes it was a fantastic
> event.

Nice to know that there are people around who inspite of working on
proprietary softwares due to job requirements, continue to be involved
n open source activities. Radha, a question out of curiosity, do you
use Linux as your primary desktop?

> Got nice Linux chix stickers and have put them at my work place and at home
> too! Feels very good! This is the first time i am introducing myself with my
> real name in a mailing list. I think this is the first success of Linuxchix!
> :)

> I attended BoF session but was a quiet observer :).
>
> I think the target audience should include school and college chixs. I have
> few contacts in that age group and they don't even know piracy stuff.. how
> good Linux is and everything. Some basic write ups in web might help.

Yes I second that as well. If you have any contacts with any
school/college, we would love to conduct a session there on basic FOSS
concept. As for write-ups, most of us have already blogged about it.
We are also in the process of populating our wiki page, which we would
like to be a place for all infromation.

> I know a bit of Linux. I know to install Linux and do some day to day task
> in Linux. I would like to contribute in someway to the community. If there
> is some task i can take up I would like to give it a shot!

At the moment, we are looking at expanding the membership of our org.
We would love if you could in any way help in popularising this among
your friends who are also FOSS enthusiasts.

> Good luck to Linux chix,
> Bye,
> Radha

Regards,