[Indianlc] Lc-IN BoF Session - Notes and Goals page

Diabolic Preacher pintooo15 at uAFNLdpQDTSbx41NYyd-1pPQdnDhhViJB945YRqIGU4JvMTK0p32yt29DzEvMCWYwJ_LtXR8kTYv4z8.yahoo.invalid
Mon Dec 10 18:28:02 UTC 2007

On Dec 10, 2007 10:43 PM, Archu <archu.oct at 35xN-M7lrek5ltuxh2wfmt1K2jMuMiat0HdKUZ3eCrb8PcfmjX12QcPsAXlHpcQ9ceOfdUeCkP36.yahoo.invalid> wrote:
> not happy with open office.. macros were another issue.. i was not gud
> at those stuff..

neither me. we start in small steps trying to convince our friends to
move to linux but then they want us to convince them that every
equivalent from photoshop's export to flash (i think so :p ) feature
to solitaire's timed game with bonus support exists also in linux
(just an example).

 its was easy to convince my pals showing the
> stability and security,

...and still no concern about installing pirated windows?? people
should fear the word "windows" more than "pirated".

> => later started callin up asking me how to fix internet.. which was
> another big hurdle..

how is wish i could get broadcom wifi to work for once on my dell. :(

> after all this stuff.. one of my fren asked me, why to worry about
> linux and stuff... when i get pirated windows loaded in pcs..

linux and stuff gives you worry beforehand (i.e. if you really are
paranoid) and peace of mind for a long time afterwards (you might
worry from time to time to upgrade your kernel and/or other software
to get the latest n the greatest) but with windows, it is (hopefully)
worry-less initial stage and then worry-more...more and
more..erm...something like that.

--
Diabolic Preacher
As Is