[Indianlc] Lc-IN BoF Session - Notes and Goals page

Archu archu.oct at u--OfxNw-TuopE9Afq-m4W20bzsCITElcY9PgH4nt4MvxtqV4KL-V-82zi_24ZkqBH9pWQWzOsBVjKxt.yahoo.invalid
Mon Dec 10 17:13:24 UTC 2007

> I think the target audience should include school and college chixs. I have
> few contacts in that age group and they don't even know piracy stuff.. how
> good Linux is and everything. Some basic write ups in web might help.

thats absolutely rite..
I was in tat gang few yrs back..
college/school ppl are those  who can think beyond.. and change things..

> I know a bit of Linux. I know to install Linux and do some day to day task
> in Linux. I would like to contribute in someway to the community. If there
> is some task i can take up I would like to give it a shot!

hey me too
jus linux installer.. :P
I installed linux in almost most of my frens pcs...
major issues faced by me include questions like
=> speadsheet was a major issue, an excel developed by MS Excel was
not so gud lookin in openoffice and vice versa, lot of my frens were
not happy with open office.. macros were another issue.. i was not gud
at those stuff.. its was easy to convince my pals showing the
stability and security, kde helped me to solve the look and feel
issues.
=> later started callin up asking me how to fix internet.. which was
another big hurdle..

and ppl were lookin at me so funny when I was talking abt piracy and
EULA stuff..
after all this stuff.. one of my fren asked me, why to worry about
linux and stuff... when i get pirated windows loaded in pcs.. Its kind
of difficult to handle such situations..

--
#Archu