[Indianlc] Re: Slackware 10.2

Nishita Desai nish.des at RTzNjomdo2d-efWdGKP7Kp3M_PuOVgkXKPUx6qlQ6CjfsskRCdXwgsifI7jkAz1QlasVf3lH2ZxMeyuI.yahoo.invalid
Mon Oct 31 20:03:14 UTC 2005

On 10/31/05, Anand Avati <asynchronousacknowledgement at EDSi8K-wqkbgMrz4ji9ERKyvF1xqzPln2ZrIAnzxuwGFwgsk5z-NfA-nOvqSvSbNjZQXSrtg3hPH8b7J3uxP4HRVcw61CYjO9KXGOx6YNRE.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

>  > 1) Grub starts with command line. Is there a way to make it directly
>  start
>  > with the menu without having to mention configfile everytime... maybe
>  > something like grub.conf on RH.
>
>  you need a correctly configured /boot/grub/menu.lst (btw, slackware by
>  default comes with LILO, did you install grub extra?) .. as a clean
>  sweep try 'grub-install /dev/hda' and write a good /boot/grub/menu.lst

I do not remember specially installing GRUB. Infact, the setup ran
liloconf. But  when all was said and done, it booted with GRUB 0.94. I
am missing something, I know.
When I check my RH machine, I have both grub and grub-install in
/sbin. Slackware has neither. So where exactly is this running from?
No trace of installation, search doesnt return anything. No man pages
either!

As for the other problem, sorry, My mistake. When I rechecked
resolv.conf, there was a typo.. confusion between 1 and 7.

Thanks again,
Nishita