Slackware 10.2

Anand Avati asynchronousacknowledgement at HJjQsy4ITwgI_D-9o5PyIP-mH7vgP1Dq7oWN3nnw65in26UHBzKOQuEnX3jP2SiCQR5ZsgwHNL9N4HXw1LmGnzNWZTKZIiFZRlUDdLziD8I.yahoo.invalid
Mon Oct 31 20:10:27 UTC 2005

> I do not remember specially installing GRUB. Infact, the setup ran
> liloconf. But  when all was said and done, it booted with GRUB 0.94. I
> am missing something, I know.
> When I check my RH machine, I have both grub and grub-install in
> /sbin. Slackware has neither. So where exactly is this running from?
> No trace of installation, search doesnt return anything. No man pages
> either!

ok, what you did was you instructed liloconf to install lilo to the
root of the installed partition instead of MBR.. and your MBR still
has the stale GRUB from your previous installation..

either you

* installpkg grub from the 'extra' series of slackware 10.2, and
proceed with grub-install + fix /boot/grub/menu.lst

or

* fix /etc/lilo.conf (change boot=/dev/<partition> to boot=/dev/hda)
and run /sbin/lilo after modifying lilo.conf

and you should get a decent boot manager in place

> As for the other problem, sorry, My mistake. When I rechecked
> resolv.conf, there was a typo.. confusion between 1 and 7.

happens :-)

Cheers!

Anand V. Avati
http://hardcodecafe.com/~avati